Even though all vehicles on MyCamper are fully insured, damage often claims a lot of money and time. Most of the damages during camping vacations are related to carelessness and bad weather. Below you will find a few tips from us to avoid such damage:
- Before your trip you know where the water and petrol or diesel tanks are located and you know the size (length, width, height) of your vehicle.
- Before setting off, always check that all items are properly stowed and, above all, well secured. In addition, all windows and doors should be closed.
- If necessary, the passenger should get out of the vehicle and give you notice on parking and unparking.
- To avoid damage to the awning, you should roll it up overnight and as soon as you leave the vehicle.
- Always keep a sufficient distance to the vehicle in front and drive as carefully as possible on natural and gravel roads.
- If a hailstorm is imminent and there is enough time, you can try to drive into public underground garages (beware of the height), parking garages or to covered gas stations. On the way, you can also stop on the shoulder under bridges.