Check-in takes place when the renter picks up the vehicle from the vehicle owner to use it during the rental period. Remember that you as the owner are responsible for ensuring that the vehicle, fixtures and equipment correspond to what is stated in the rental agreement when the renter picks up the vehicle.
The vehicle owner starts checking in on his phone on MyCamper's website when the renter has arrived at the vehicle. The vehicle owner and the renter then together make a thorough visual inspection of the vehicle, and the owner documents any damage and defects on the vehicle. The vehicle owner documents any damage and defects and if it is a motorhome, the current fuel level and mileage reading are also documented. The renter then approves the owner's documentation of the vehicle's condition on MyCamper's website in his telephone. Finally, the vehicle owner looks at the renter's driving license and enters the renter's last four digits in the social security number on the website, to ensure that it is the same person who sent the rental request, who picks up the vehicle and that the renter has the right authorization to drive the vehicle. The keys to the vehicle are then handed over from the vehicle owner to the renter. Thus, the check-in is completed and the rental period has started. The renter has now taken over responsibility for the vehicle.
It is important to set aside enough time for the check-in and check-out process. This often takes between 1-2 hours. Completing the check-in is mandatory and demonstrates that both parties are aware of the condition of the vehicle before the rental period starts. In this way, both parties can feel safe during the rental period and when returning the vehicle.
Check list for check-in process:
- The renter goes to the vehicle owner or where the vehicle is located, at the agreed time on the day of check-in.
- The owner starts a "check-in" by phone on MyCamper's website. If it is a motorhome, the vehicle owner first documents the motorhome's fuel level and mileage reading.
- The owner and the renter inspect the vehicle together. The vehicle owner documents any damage and defects, that the equipment works and takes pictures of the vehicle.
- The owner examines the renter's driving license so that it matches the renters's information on the website and enters the renter's last digits in the social security number. The vehicle owner hands over the vehicle's keys to the renter.
- Hyraren godkänner därefter fordonsägarens dokumentation genom MyCampers hemsida.